What is Venture Capital?
VC’s Provide Risk Capital for High-Growth Businesses
Venture capital firms are professional, institutional managers of risk capital that enable and support the most innovative and promising companies. Venture capital supports new ideas that:
– Could not be financed with traditional bank financing;
– Threaten established products and services in a corporation or industry; and
– Typically require five to eight years to reach maturity.
Uzbekistan venture capital assoсiation has a mission to support to the development of the venture ecosystem in Uzbekistan, attraction of international venture capital into Uzbek startup ecosystem by building a bridge between local and global ecosystems to facilitate the motion of knowledge, technology and capital.
development of the venture capital market in Uzbekistan
Promotion and networking
- highlighting the importance of venture capital to the economy in support of entrepreneurship, innovation and overall economic development
- building local and international market awareness about the venture capital industry in Uzbekistan
- promoting Uzbekistan venture capital investment opportunities to foreign VC investors
- organizing roadshows for internationals VC investors
- encouraging angel and syndicated investments
Lobbying and protecting
- advocating for public policy that supports the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Uzbekistan.
- lobbying for creating new investment vehicles and schemes to expand investment opportunities
- supporting investors in every aspect, from providing reliable information to establishing connections at the industry and government levels.
- protecting VC investors rights
Educating and informing
- developing an education and training system of venture capital specialists in Uzbekistan
- collecting and spreading the most relevant data on industry from the world
- sharing news, modern trends and best practices
- doing industry overviews by gathering and analyzing venture capital and startup ecosystem activity in Uzbekistan
- providing international investors, associations, research institutes and others with information on Uzbek market
Our Advisory Board
Uzbekistan Venture Capital Association’s Advisory Board made up of well-known personalities from the venture capital and private equity sector and its related fields. Board’s mandate is to consult the UZVCA team on the development of the venture ecosystem in Uzbekistan.
Head of EBRD
President of the Start
Russian Venture Company
Centil Law Firm
M&A, Asset Management at UzOmanCapital
Chairman of the Board of Directors QazTechVentures
Business Development & Strategy
Why become a Member?
We connect our members and partners with the main players of the global VC market. UZVCA plays the role of a bridge between Uzbek and foreign VC ecosystems.